Sign in to follow this  
Papa Gornot

The LGBT Thread

Okay now, boys, listen up!

I want to engage the community in a serious discussion about religion, human rights, human nature and just personal experiences in general. I want to know what you guys think of the entire shindig: the gay men, the lesbians, the drag queens, all the "good" stuff.

Don't be afraid to express honest opinions and questions, but don't barge in with a fuckload of hate and rant without haying anything useful to say.

I want to know what you think of gay people in general, their supposed promiscuity, how you think they're different from us straight people, their wanted right to marry, adopt, and everything else.

Please be honest! If you're a bigot, good for you, please go away and ignore this thread. Otherwise you will be punished appropriately. And don't give me that "freedom of speech" bullshit, if you resort to that you obviously are too stupid to understand what the phrase means in the first place.

Edited by Gornot

Remember, this is my own personal opinion, you may or may not agree with what I state.

I honestly don't mind gay/trans people and as a matter of fact, i don't care nor I wanna know what the other persons preference is in bed or love life in general. As long as you treat me with respect and do not try to elevate yourself above me by demanding more rights or certain economic/political privileges to benefit you by weighting others down (talking about the community as a whole), or constantly trying to shove it down my throat (pun not intended), you will get the same back from me. I am also hands down againist stuff like "Gay parades" or Naked bike rides and anything that is ridiculing the meaning of your choice or exposing it to an unwanted level. I don't run around half naked showing the length of my penis hurr durr cus people would't see it fuckboi to show that I am a heterosexual male, same should count for you. As for this:

58 minutes ago, Gornot said:

how you think they're different from us straight people,

A study that was conducted in Sweeden suggests that gender identity is influenced by brain structure and it can trigger a change in hormones or reactions from the brain itself (Brain structure differences have also been noted between gay and heterosexual men, and lesbian and heterosexual women as part of extensive research on biology and sexual orientation). There are also some other factors that go a little bit deeper into genetics, but since this isn't a biology lesson and I don't think anyone loves reading paragraphs of things they don't really understand, I will move on. (source is of course wikipedia :emofdr:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender#Mental_healthcare )

Now should that affect their rights as human beings? Hell no. No matter what genetic differance you have from the rest of the population (and trust me there are a ton I can name of) you have to be treated like the rest of us "normals". That should include Marriage as well, since the purpose of marriage isn't just to make kids, or raise a family since a lot of people marry eachother for a bunch of the following reasons: "legal, social, libidinal (lust, sexual desire) , emotional, financial, spiritual or religious". Some people might argue "but hey it's not normal for two dudes to form a family since they can't make kids", well, anal also doesn't make kids nor does oral, yet people perform it in a daily basis and I don't see an outrage for that.

Finally adoption. We live in a pretty cruel society where anonymity is a basic cover for harassment and guess who gets targeted first? The ones that don't "fit". Should that prevent trans couples from adopting? I would say yes for the time being, taking the kids feelings and social life into consideration. The kids mental health will be stable as long the parents are loving and caring, causing no trouble withing the family itself. I believe we should give some time for things to settle down and people get used to other lifestyles or at the very least, accepting them.

Edited by Le dude

Honestly, I dont give a shit. Most gay people I know are completely normal and cool guys. So why shouldn't you give them the same rights? I am in favor of that.

And about adoption: yes, being raised by two mothers or two fathers is not normal; but it's a lot better than not being raised right, not having parents or being raised by a single mother. So I thing homosexual couples should be able to adopt children.

Did I miss anything? If yes, give me a shoutout and I'll edit the post

I think Homosexualls deserve to be happy.

I also do not mind gay pride parades, because as a white male straight dawg, outside of statistics I could not possibly know whether or not certain minorities feel underpresented parades are fun.

I can't be arsed to even think about your sexual preference, why the fuck would it even matter? as long as you leave me in peace we can treat each other with mutual respect.

As for adoption, why the fuck not? The countries where these children come from can be debatable, and I'd rather not have them adopt from outside of the country when there are orphans inside who need help. And even if the country of residence does not, it'd be better for the child to adopt one in close proximity of your home country in my opinion, this is because it can grow up in it's own cultural enviroment.

Yeah, I pretty much have the exact same opinion as Le Dude. I dislike these parades because I think they undermine the actual effort of a proper image that activists are trying to create and maintain in society. I do have to admit that I tend to stay away from transgender people - it's just one of those things that I don't want to deal with just because I don't have to. But yeah, that's pretty much it. Pro marriage and adoption, but generally don't care about it down to an individual level as long as it's not shoved in my face. I've also realized that I absolutely don't understand effeminate "men" - some are just genuine people that happen to be femme (even straight ones), but some kids are just pure wannabe biatches that act like that on purpose, which I don't understand at all xD

Edited by Gornot

I should probably clarify something half off-topic but it's worth mentioning.

Anyone is entitled to an opinion and freedom of speech allows that to be voiced anywhere, but if it's done in a way that is not respectable or is specifically intended to degrade or provoke another individual, it's perfectly legal but nevertheless a dickmove. I don't give half a shit if someone doesn't like LGBT people and comments it here. It's only a problem if an opinion is used in a toxic way.