The Siege of Jadotville (2016) has won the movie voting! Vote for the next movie now https://warzone.gg/movievoting
Movie Night Movie Night: The Siege of Jadotville (2016) - https://warzone.gg/movienightinfo?id=126
Game Night Game Night: Jailbreak (Garry's Mod) - https://warzone.gg/gamenightinfo?id=72

The Forums are being phased out by Q1 2020 - See this post for more information

Sign in to follow this  
Wetpenny

When joined to a server game crashes then closes.

I've recently decided to come back and play some of the game modes due to getting bored of the other main game mode I play, I joined and was crashing out so I decided I must need to install the content, indeed some content was missing and I installed it, i quit and then started the game again, went to connect to surf dm and I'm there for 15 seconds, immediately after I crash and game closes, this also happens in gun game but not in any of the surf modes.

Does the game come up with any errors? Or what happens more specifically when it crashes, do you go into any menus in-game? etc

Hi vlod, well I get no errors, after the loading screen ends I spawn, quite a lot of stuttering happens, no console errors, I'm in and can walk / talk for about 15 seconds then the game locks up and just closes.

I would suggest doing a cleanup of subscribed addons, perhaps deleting anything in the /addons folder within your Garry's Mod install. 

Ah, Will do, also another thing to note is when ingame it doesnt seem to crash until i dismiss the motd menu, requires me to click to crash.

I've just cleared the addons folder, I tried to rejoin and it crashed again, it seems to be after I click anything tbh.

Another thing I would suggest would be to re-install Garry's Mod, or try doing a verification of the files.

Other than that, I'm not really sure.

Hmm, I've tried to verify but no cigar, would likely have to reinstall, could do it, would just be a little hassle, but I think ill do it anyways. thanks for your help though and vlod too!

Game has been cleared of addons, then the necessary ones reinstalled, i can get in and im there for a bit longer but the game can just randomly close again. 

Hmm, I'm not really sure what to suggest then.

Can you give me the steps so I can attempt to reproduce, along with the hardware you have?

Ok, so my hardware firstly :  i7 8750H  16GB ddr4  1060m 6gb, game is on a 1tb hdd.          Currently i have no additional content installed aside from warzones required and non required content, there is no non-standard content either, so no css content or hl2, CSGO is mounted. but i have also done a fresh install of gmod.

To replicate what I've done, join surf dm via the servers tab on this site, after that all you can do is play, i seem to die from either pressing mouse 1 or being killed. those seem to be triggers.

Oh, bit more, i just unmounted csgo and tried to join via gmod, crashed immediately after joining

Ugh tried again with diff ingame settings, after the round ended the game died.

We've got a breakthrough, if i stop custom content then i dont crash, its to do with something in the lua maybe

Edited by Wetpenny
Addition to reason

And after allowing all custom content no crash, gonna re-add css content and hl2

Okay, with the content reinstalled it crashes, problem found.

ill remove content 1 by 1 untill i find whats killing it.

Try the following:

Go to your Garry's Mod folder

Go to download\resources\fonts

Delete everything in that folder.

It could be font related.

Okay, well ive tried with hl2016, suprisingly still crashed, ive just removed all fonts, ill try again.

Ive ZERO clue why its crashing, no idea, ive tried launch options, settings, addons, reinstalls etc. nothing seems to have worked so far.

Yeah, I'm not too sure either, it only seems to be affecting you also, so it's not really widespread either. I'm not really sure what else to suggest.  🤷‍♀️

Yea, well youve tried, this seems to be a very very strange issue, i dont think im willing to waste another hour on this tbh, but thanks for your help anyways!.