Green Street (2005) has won the movie voting! Vote for the next movie now https://warzone.gg/movievoting
Movie Night Movie Night: Green Street (2005) - https://warzone.gg/movienightinfo?id=86
Game Night Game Night: Counter-Strike: Source Fun (Counter-Strike: Source) - https://warzone.gg/gamenightinfo?id=36

All Servers have now been moved! https://warzone.gg/forum/index.php?/topic/3127-server-move-ip-changes/

ZeRo

TTT 2 Ideas & Suggestions

I put out a poll in Discord yesterday asking what everyone's general opinion is on WarZone creating it's own version of TTT.

image.thumb.png.bd2b877cfc6189c7a33d50d6b5d89ad8.png

Although this is not yet confirmed, I started this thread to start a discussion about how we should go about it, how we make it unique, but also changing it, what would you like to see added, changed or removed?

I'd like to get as much feedback as possible.

Maybe roles like Deputy who can be chosen by the Detective. (If you are a T you can be a Deputy too)

• Like 1

Like the report system doesnt fit ... for ex: a guy rdemd me i reported him for rdm , you cant see his response because sometimes you are looking to know why he did it and maybe forgive him but you cant because there isnt a report tab or system for things to explain 

Another fact is eaven if you get Rdmed and you dont want to report him still the "Admin/Mod" will anyways Warn/slay him for rdm 

Im trying to say that i dont really like the report system you guys have ... 

Edited by NisiYT

18 minutes ago, NisiYT said:

Like the report system doesnt fit ... for ex: a guy rdemd me i reported him for rdm , you cant see his response because sometimes you are looking to know why he did it and maybe forgive him but you cant because there isnt a report tab or system for things to explain 

Another fact is eaven if you get Rdmed and you dont want to report him still the "Admin/Mod" will anyways Warn/slay him for rdm 

Im trying to say that i dont really like the report system you guys have ... 

That has nothing to do with the game mode though, so it shouldn't even be in this thread, should be posted under it's own topic.

Report system is external. I'm asking for purely gamemode feedback stuff here.

Edit: I understand that the reporting system we have in place is not fit for purpose, and I will try to improve that. I do agree with you, however this isn't specific to the gamemode.

I feel like if we are going to have a custom and unique TTT game mode than it shouldn’t be over complicated. In my opinion, for newer players to either gmod or the game mode in general it would be a hard time getting into the game if it’s too hard to understand.

8 minutes ago, MvP|NinjaOfNinja said:

I feel like if we are going to have a custom and unique TTT game mode than it shouldn’t be over complicated. In my opinion, for newer players to either gmod or the game mode in general it would be a hard time getting into the game if it’s too hard to understand.

That was my thoughts on it also, I didn't want to do anything drastic, but the whole purpose for me was to:

• Improve the UI massively, I think the TTT UI is ugly and outdated
  • Improve some mechanics
  • Implement our weapons system (after a lot of testing if this is to go ahead)
  • Implement our crosshair system
  • Implement a proper MVP system :forsenCD:
  • Better F8 Menu.

Of course I welcome other suggestions, and in some ways we will need to make it unique in terms of gameplay features also.

Edit: I'd be also interested to hear everyones thoughts on the weapons

• Would you like to have them pick-up on the floor as they are now? or would you like it to be buy-menu based.
  • What are your thoughts on an Inventory system e.g you can add a weapon you find to your Inventory and use it later.
  • Same weapons with different stats, e.g a Rare negev that has more damage or less recoil for example, or do you think this would be too confusing with our skins system?

It wouldn't be a custom TTT without more tools for the Traitors and Detectives, mostly the Detectives since they are the role that have less tools to use, Innoncents should have a upgrade to their role ( but not powers when I mean powers I mean force testing and other stuff) maybe they should have a buy menu to buy weapons in each round (mostly smgs, pistols,grenades and some of the rifles, but this is just my opinion I am sure people would disagree)

Better logs. Sometimes the logs don't really show the whole story and it would be nice if there was something such as shooting in close proximity, if possible. Deputy would be a nice feature since I know a lot of detectives like to promote one (and laugh as he finds out it's a traitor).

Different weapons would be nice to have as well. Maybe make the weapon spawns completely random as opposed to generated? I'd love to mess around with the Negev, the R8, the TEC-9, the P250, etc, etc. I think it'd be a lot of fun. Maybe both random spawns and a buy menu would be nice to have, with kill rewards for killing traitors or surviving for a period of time, and you lose money if you kill an innocent?

Fun rounds could make a comeback, maybe once every 5 or 10 rounds (with the current 100 round setup on Minecraft TTT).

I agree with Terrorspy, Detectives don't really have a lot to use. They have a couple of new guns, a way to heal themselves (or others) and a radar. That's about it. Perhaps some more VIP weapons for the Detectives? I think Traitor currently has enough in my opinion. I'd also remove the medkit as there's not exactly much use for it when there's a health station.

Flashbangs could be interesting utilities for traitors to use.

Extra roles would be nice to have, but I understand if you feel it may be too confusing for new players.

I think detective need some stuff like a tool that detective to scan player and showing if they inoccent or traitor like Traitor Tester. I think might be abit op but I got not much idea. When detective scan the player, it start scanning the player for 5 second but if they move when it still scanning, it will cancel out and they have to scan again but no cooldown. once it done they had to wait for 30 second to get result and show what role they are. it has cooldown, they can use it about for 1 minute once it shown the result.

Edited by ChaosNightmare

Maybe a sort of Panorama UI implementation to things like the tab in the bottom left giving you your role, the time remaining, ammo, health, Maybe also the tab menu...I don't know entirely, would be cool though

2 hours ago, Waffle said:

Maybe a sort of Panorama UI implementation to things like the tab in the bottom left giving you your role, the time remaining, ammo, health, Maybe also the tab menu...I don't know entirely, would be cool though

That's the plan, as I said, I think the TTT UI is ugly and outdated, and I could in theory modify current TTT to support that, however we would have to keep doing merges between our version and the main version which can be a pain.

Writing it ourselves allows a much nicer and cleaner code base as well as better integration in to our core modules, which is the option I'd prefer.

Im not sure how people would feel about such a thing being added, but how about being able to select a loudout? as apposed to picking up weapons and ammo? this might allow more maps to be used in rotation, and it could work. of course not sure how others feel though. as well as possibly making a working deathmatch :goproforsenE:

20 hours ago, ChaosNightmare said:

I think detective need some stuff like a tool that detective to scan player and showing if they inoccent or traitor like Traitor Tester. I think might be abit op but I got not much idea. When detective scan the player, it start scanning the player for 5 second but if they move when it still scanning, it will cancel out and they have to scan again but no cooldown. once it done they had to wait for 30 second to get result and show what role they are. it has cooldown, they can use it about for 1 minute once it shown the result.

This would be overpowered. New players would rage and claim RDM. Us admins would get tons of RDM reports from this and making the logs say if they used it too is a large pain too I'd assume.

2 hours ago, Callum (Blazingstardude) said:

Im not sure how people would feel about such a thing being added, but how about being able to select a loudout? as apposed to picking up weapons and ammo? this might allow more maps to be used in rotation, and it could work. of course not sure how others feel though. as well as possibly making a working deathmatch :goproforsenE:

I like the idea and following up with that, due to us having the menu where we can buy our guns already. What about like being able to select a load out, then fast buying it from there. But from pressing F2, and it being on that menu or something?

53 minutes ago, EmbersOfTheFlame said:

This would be overpowered. New players would rage and claim RDM. Us admins would get tons of RDM reports from this and making the logs say if they used it too is a large pain too I'd assume.

alright. since you said it, it maybe cause lot of reports of rdm. but it can show the logs that claim as scanner but even the like dna scanner.

Edited by ChaosNightmare

Just some random ideas that could be added to TTT 2.0

Items:
- A helmet detectives can buy in the detective menu. Would basically work the same as normal armor, but then for the head, meaning that they would take less damage by headshots, and even survive one deagle/scout/awp shot.
- There's this detective tool which is basically a grappling hook. If it works and isn't too op, we could add it, but from what I've seen of it on other servers it wasn't that great and kind of op. Maybe it would be better if you could only use it like 2/3 times? 

Gameplay:
- A buy menu for innocents, where they can buy certain items (special weapons, armor, dna scanner?) with credits. Innocents would gain these credits by killing traitors / "looting" dead bodies. Might make the innocent role more interesting for people. 
- Rotating upgrades all players can choose at the start of a round. Say there are 9 upgrades in total, at every start of the round you see 3 of these 9 ones, and you can choose one. These upgrades could be something like "dealing slightly more damage", "having slightly more health", "having slightly less recoil", "having slightly faster movement", etc. No clue if it's possible or if people would even want this, just an idea. 
- All players being able to throw their knife? No clue if this is possible animation wise, but it could be interesting as a feature to throw away your only melee weapon just to get an instant kill / deal a lot of damage.

Also, reacting to the other ideas presented here:
- I agree that whatever gets chosen, the most important thing is clarity towards the players. It will have new features, but it should still be recognized as a version of TTT. 
- I do think we should keep the weapons on the ground and you pick them up by walking over them, but like Chaotix said, completely random weapon spawns could be interesting. I usually always go to the same 3 places on the map to get a scout. The gamemode would be more challenging if you don't have your favourite weapon because you couldn't find it, and at the same time you could learn to play with other weapons as well. 
- Same weapons with different stats idea from Zero could work, however custom skins probably shouldn't work for those weapons, just so it's clear those are "special rare" weapons. They should have a specific colour imo. 
- Can't really comment on the "Deputy" role as I don't really know what it means. If someone could explain to me what a Deputy can actually do and what the exact difference is from a detective or a normal innocent, that'd be great. 
- I personally never really had a problem with the F8 menu as it is, but sure, things like this can always be improved. I wouldn't really know how tho tbh. Adding something that adds "being able to see shooting in close proximity", like Chaotix said, would only work in some cases, as people get shot from the other side of the map as well.
- Fun rounds are nice, although I'd rather see it once every 10 rounds than 5. 
- Personally not a big fan of the special loadout / weapon inventory idea. I think part of the charm of TTT is that you're never sure what weapons you're gonna start with. 

3 hours ago, archilles392 said:

Just some random ideas that could be added to TTT 2.0

Items:
- A helmet detectives can buy in the detective menu. Would basically work the same as normal armor, but then for the head, meaning that they would take less damage by headshots, and even survive one deagle/scout/awp shot.
- There's this detective tool which is basically a grappling hook. If it works and isn't too op, we could add it, but from what I've seen of it on other servers it wasn't that great and kind of op. Maybe it would be better if you could only use it like 2/3 times? 

Gameplay:
- A buy menu for innocents, where they can buy certain items (special weapons, armor, dna scanner?) with credits. Innocents would gain these credits by killing traitors / "looting" dead bodies. Might make the innocent role more interesting for people. 
- Rotating upgrades all players can choose at the start of a round. Say there are 9 upgrades in total, at every start of the round you see 3 of these 9 ones, and you can choose one. These upgrades could be something like "dealing slightly more damage", "having slightly more health", "having slightly less recoil", "having slightly faster movement", etc. No clue if it's possible or if people would even want this, just an idea. 
- All players being able to throw their knife? No clue if this is possible animation wise, but it could be interesting as a feature to throw away your only melee weapon just to get an instant kill / deal a lot of damage.

Also, reacting to the other ideas presented here:
- I agree that whatever gets chosen, the most important thing is clarity towards the players. It will have new features, but it should still be recognized as a version of TTT. 
- I do think we should keep the weapons on the ground and you pick them up by walking over them, but like Chaotix said, completely random weapon spawns could be interesting. I usually always go to the same 3 places on the map to get a scout. The gamemode would be more challenging if you don't have your favourite weapon because you couldn't find it, and at the same time you could learn to play with other weapons as well. 
- Same weapons with different stats idea from Zero could work, however custom skins probably shouldn't work for those weapons, just so it's clear those are "special rare" weapons. They should have a specific colour imo. 
- Can't really comment on the "Deputy" role as I don't really know what it means. If someone could explain to me what a Deputy can actually do and what the exact difference is from a detective or a normal innocent, that'd be great. 
- I personally never really had a problem with the F8 menu as it is, but sure, things like this can always be improved. I wouldn't really know how tho tbh. Adding something that adds "being able to see shooting in close proximity", like Chaotix said, would only work in some cases, as people get shot from the other side of the map as well.
- Fun rounds are nice, although I'd rather see it once every 10 rounds than 5. 
- Personally not a big fan of the special loadout / weapon inventory idea. I think part of the charm of TTT is that you're never sure what weapons you're gonna start with. 

These are some good ideas. I really like the helmet idea as it is a nice game changer and makes the detective much more better than usual. 
The grappling hook is a good idea, the only problem I see with that is people using it to get to out of bounds areas. 

The deputy: So when you play TTT there will be random people going to the detective asking to be the 'deputy' it does nothing it's usually just to say "Can I be the guy that you trust that can also boss people around" I guess it could be incorporated for deputies to force people to test and such depending on the possibility of this.

I'd also like to add onto the f8 idea and suggest that when someone kills a person and it displays the logs for them shooting them and killing them. Maybe give us the power to click onto the log of this and it'll show shot logs of the two straight away.

Some ideas that my mostly empty brain has: 

1) A death faker for T. Should work kinda like the dead ringer from team fortress 2,  but with only one use per game. Maybe also make it so u can only buy it after a set amount of innocents have been killed to not have people question every death. 

2) Personally i like the randomized weapon idea, but there should be a set amount of weapons and types each round to make sure that each weapon spawns each round(with the exception of some special ones maybe). 

3) Players invincible in preround. 

4)The holy chicken must be worshipped(tis a joke) 

Why not using this add-on and creating an extending add-on / new roles on the fly?

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1357745995

And if you want so, you can take progress in development directly on GitHub. Or you can just install some hooks and create a version in private. It‘s easy, stable and in active development 😉 And it‘s tested everyday since 3 month ^^

if you want too or need some help, tell me. If not, then sorry, I just wanted to save you from doing some time expensive and hard work, because TTT is not the best written code 😄

Edited by Alf21

On 12/23/2018 at 10:25 AM, Alf21 said:

Why not using this add-on and creating an extending add-on / new roles on the fly?

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1357745995

And if you want so, you can take progress in development directly on GitHub. Or you can just install some hooks and create a version in private. It‘s easy, stable and in active development 😉 And it‘s tested everyday since 3 month ^^

if you want too or need some help, tell me. If not, then sorry, I just wanted to save you from doing some time expensive and hard work, because TTT is not the best written code 😄

It seems like you only registered to promote your own addon.

I'd still much rather write our own version from scratch.

Thanks anyway.