Warrior (2011) has won the movie voting! Vote for the next movie now https://warzone.gg/movievoting
Movie Night Movie Night: Warrior (2011) - https://warzone.gg/movienightinfo?id=140
Game Night Game Night: Deathrun (Garry's Mod) - https://warzone.gg/gamenightinfo?id=79

All Garry's Mod Servers will be closing from 15th March 2020 - https://warzone.gg/forum/index.php?/topic/3695-all-garrys-mod-servers-will-be-closing-from-the-15th-march-2020/

Sign in to follow this  
RockyAKAEggin

Give Me Music

I got a winamp library of 19044 tracks so u gotta be a little more specific than "music", just gimme some genres or artists u like and ill see what i can dig up

15 hours ago, Le Chef said:

I got a winamp library of 19044 tracks so u gotta be a little more specific than "music", just gimme some genres or artists u like and ill see what i can dig up

Jesus m8 that's a lot of songs but yeah I like kinda rock/indie type music 

4 hours ago, RockyAKAEggin said:

Jesus m8 that's a lot of songs but yeah I like kinda rock/indie type music 

Assuming u already know the bigger indie/rock bands like Coldplay, the Killers, Muse, Weezer, Arctic Monkeys, RHCP, etc i picked my personal favs and some lesser known stuff (theyre still reasonably known so dont think im going full hipster)

My personal favorites:

Streetlight Manifesto is probably my favorite band of all time, there's not a song of them I don't enjoy and they have an incredibly unique sound. It's has elements of ska, punk, rock, reggae, pretty much everything, and it has an amazing horn section that really completes the band.

Spoiler

Blur is pretty well known, even if just for their song "Song 2" (or the woohoo song as uncultured plebs know it). And if you dont know them, you probably still recognize the singer because he's also the lead singer for the Gorillaz. Pretty much every album from theirs is great, except for "Think Tank", since their guitarist left on that album and its very noticable in the song writing, and the first one isnt really amazing either but its not bad. Pretty much every song of them is unique and different, yet they all have a recognizable sound.

Spoiler

Radiohead is obligatory to mention, pretty much everyone has heard them at some point, but since radios refuse to play any song from them other than "Creep" (which is definitely not a bad song, just overplayed as shit) I cant make a list like this and not include this band.

Spoiler

Other shizzle:

A Perfect Circle usually has a pretty melancholic, dark sound but theyre not overdoing it and going full edge like certain other bands out there (looking at you Avenged Sevenfold). It has the same singer from the famous band Tool, but its a lot more melodic when compared to that band, and the songs dont last for 20 minutes like every Tool song ever does. They also made an amazing cover of John Lennon's "Imagine".

Spoiler

Alter Bridge is pretty solid as well, the singer has one of the best voices you'll ever hear, the guitar riffs are catchy as fuck and really fun to play yourself if youre into that.

Spoiler

Solo at 4:37 is lit af fam

Incubus has kinda gone to shit, their last album wasnt really that great, the one before that only had a few good songs (Anna Molly and Dig in particular), but their early work is still worth checking out if you havent heard them yet. Really experimental band, has some funky grooves. So dont bother with the last album unless you really want to, but check out their earlier stuff.

Spoiler

Sticky Fingers only has 2 albums as far as I'm aware, but theyre both pretty damn solid. Chill reggae sounds, with some rock elements mixed into it as well.

Spoiler

If you also know those already you could go full hipster and try stuff like As Tall As Lions, Crying, The Dear Hunter and Porcupine Tree, they all have a rather unique sound but are pretty hit-or-miss so I didnt really go in depth on those. Im probably missing a lot of bands but I just took a quick scroll and put some bands down that were worth mentioning. I also didnt include metal or punk bands because thats pretty hit-or-miss as well, and else this list would go on forever. Thanks for giving me something to do while i wait for my pizza.

Edited by Le Chef
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Le Chef said:

Assuming u already know the bigger indie/rock bands like Coldplay, the Killers, Muse, Weezer, Arctic Monkeys, RHCP, etc i picked my personal favs and some lesser known stuff (theyre still reasonably known so dont think im going full hipster)

My personal favorites:

Streetlight Manifesto is probably my favorite band of all time, there's not a song of them I don't enjoy and they have an incredibly unique sound. It's has elements of ska, punk, rock, reggae, pretty much everything, and it has an amazing horn section that really completes the band.

Hide contents

Blur is pretty well known, even if just for their song "Song 2" (or the woohoo song as uncultured plebs know it). And if you dont know them, you probably still recognize the singer because he's also the lead singer for the Gorillaz. Pretty much every album from theirs is great, except for "Think Tank", since their guitarist left on that album and its very noticable in the song writing, and the first one isnt really amazing either but its not bad. Pretty much every song of them is unique and different, yet they all have a recognizable sound.

Reveal hidden contents

Radiohead is obligatory to mention, pretty much everyone has heard them at some point, but since radios refuse to play any song from them other than "Creep" (which is definitely not a bad song, just overplayed as shit) I cant make a list like this and not include this band.

Reveal hidden contents

Other shizzle:

A Perfect Circle usually has a pretty melancholic, dark sound but theyre not overdoing it and going full edge like certain other bands out there (looking at you Avenged Sevenfold). It has the same singer from the famous band Tool, but its a lot more melodic when compared to that band, and the songs dont last for 20 minutes like every Tool song ever does. They also made an amazing cover of John Lennon's "Imagine".

Hide contents

Alter Bridge is pretty solid as well, the singer has one of the best voices you'll ever hear, the guitar riffs are catchy as fuck and really fun to play yourself if youre into that.

Reveal hidden contents

Solo at 4:37 is lit af fam

Incubus has kinda gone to shit, their last album wasnt really that great, the one before that only had a few good songs (Anna Molly and Dig in particular), but their early work is still worth checking out if you havent heard them yet. Really experimental band, has some funky grooves. So dont bother with the last album unless you really want to, but check out their earlier stuff.

Hide contents

Sticky Fingers only has 2 albums as far as I'm aware, but theyre both pretty damn solid. Chill reggae sounds, with some rock elements mixed into it as well.

Hide contents

If you also know those already you could go full hipster and try stuff like As Tall As Lions, Crying, The Dear Hunter and Porcupine Tree, they all have a rather unique sound but are pretty hit-or-miss so I didnt really go in depth on those. Im probably missing a lot of bands but I just took a quick scroll and put some bands down that were worth mentioning. I also didnt include metal or punk bands because thats pretty hit-or-miss as well, and else this list would go on forever. Thanks for giving me something to do while i wait for my pizza.

Thanks for these i already know bands like radiohead and blur but there are some that i have never heard of here that im gonna try

47 minutes ago, FaZe Taylor Swift said:

If you're looking for rock, I definitely suggest Radiohead but I also recommend Placebo, Pearl Jam, The Doors. Just to name a few personal favourites.

I love the doors and Pearl Jam, but never heard placebo so might check them out

dude if you looking for some of that dank K Pop i got you sorted. just hit me up 

Edited by Mr Barlow

18 hours ago, Mr Barlow said:

dude if you looking for some of that dank K Pop i got you sorted. just hit me up 

Oh plz Robbie rotten I need some of thatdank kpop in my lyfe

Whether you like rock/metal or not you should listen to Jekyll and Hyde made by 5FDP(Five finger death punch), probably my favorite song made by them.