Den of Thieves (2018) has won the movie voting! Vote for the next movie now https://warzone.gg/movievoting
Movie Night Movie Night: Den of Thieves (2018) - https://warzone.gg/movienightinfo?id=68

Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

[SUGGESTION] Competitive Gamemodes and Ping

With recent updates to client-side hitreg on player-vs-player gamemodes, there's a rising trend of high-ping players being given a considerable advantage over other players. Due to their ping (particularly when it reaches the 200+ threshold) players with high pings become more difficult to hit and have a sizable delay on being seen while shoulder peeking corners. Due to the recent update regarding client-sided hitreg, players with high ping benefit from it greatly.

I suggest adding an automatic system which removes players with high ping from the game.

The older Counter-Strike iterations benefited greatly on a community-server level by implementing ping checks and automatic removers. A player with a high ping or with a ping higher than a set threshold (for example, 200) would be warned up to 3 times with the message "Your ping is higher than x. You will be removed from the match if this continues." These warnings would appear every thirty seconds until 3/3 warnings were reached and the player was removed from the game.

A system like this would be particularly beneficial on the player-vs-player servers: Stronghold, TTT, Gungame and SurfDM, as well as perhaps Hide and Seek if it creates issues with catching hiders.

Would be interested in hearing people's thoughts over a system like this being implemented. Are there any cons to this system that are outstanding enough to not have it added?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • A Thinking 1

Just a note on the ping thing.. Sometimes ping will shoot high for a brief second, everyone will have it. It would be annoying if they constantly get kicked for it. Can't really control how their internet works, but I do like the concept of it 🙂

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Corporal Lance said:

Just a note on the ping thing.. Sometimes ping will shoot high for a brief second, everyone will have it. It would be annoying if they constantly get kicked for it. Can't really control how their internet works, but I do like the concept of it 🙂

That's why there's numerous warnings. Spacing out the warnings will eliminate false flags like ping spikes. It would have to be a consistent issue for people to get kicked for it - e.g, west coasters or Aussies with 200-300 ping.

Yep in Counter Strike Servers it was a Thing , if you had High Ping you would be warned or get kicked by the admin or mods of the server ! I like the idea of warnings !

For the Stronghold tournament, I'll make sure that the players entering have a maximum consistent ping of 150 for the sake of not giving gameplay advantage.

For regular matches, it would need some more thought. Maybe for the matchmaking system the host can set a custom ping limit above 100 for playing games like Wingman