The Day After Tomorrow (2004) has won the movie voting! Vote for the next movie now https://warzone.gg/movievoting
Movie Night Movie Night: The Day After Tomorrow (2004) - https://warzone.gg/movienightinfo?id=112
Game Night Game Night: Garry's Mod - Minigames! (Garry's Mod) - https://warzone.gg/gamenightinfo?id=61

The next update will include maps which do not have embedded content, please make sure you have mounted and installed CS:GO https://warzone.gg/content/view/2-help-center/126-mounting-cs-go

The Summer sale is now on! Get -60% off on ALL items, use code: SUMMER2019 at checkout.

Sign in to follow this  
Fabio

Garry's mod MoTD timer

Hey,

As many of you probably know, there is a 10-second timer on the message of the day pop-up when joining a WZ Gmod server, or even loading a new map.

Is anyone else bothered by this? Especially when solo in Bunny Hop or Surf this can get very tedious, I would suggest changing this to 5 seconds, or even lowering the timer after a person has seen the MoTD x amount of times, it's not really necessary to force down our throats every single time we load a map.

Love to hear how other people view / experience this.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

Very unlikely.

Also, having no count down is a VIP feature, and decreasing it would, in my opinion make people paying for VIP feel ripped off.

The whole point of it is to remind players of the rules.

• Like 1

I agree with you Fabio.

Can't really speak from the perspective of donators, but 1 feature out of 19 for Bronze Donator being removed doesn't sound like something that would devalue the rank. When I see people talking about why they donate for VIP, it's usually to do with weekly case amounts and the usual vanity affair of coloured names and symbols.

Would love to hear what VIPs think about it.

• Disagree 1

I don't think it's necessary. When i used to be a VIP i barely felt a difference, It's there for a reason and it should stay that way.

1 minute ago, Felix said:

I don't think it's necessary. When i used to be a VIP i barely felt a difference, It's there for a reason and it should stay that way.

If you barely felt a difference when you were a VIP, then what's the point in it being a VIP perk/feature? Why not make it the standard, seeing as players have been asking for it for a while.

In my opinion, having an MOTD that you still have to manually close is enough to remind players that there's rules. Make it three seconds if you want to ensure that the MOTD loads properly so players actually get a glance at them before closing it. 10 seconds is an annoyance. A minor one, but an annoyance all the same.

• Agree 1

Just now, Ronan said:

If you barely felt a difference when you were a VIP, then what's the point in it being a VIP perk/feature? Why not make it the standard, seeing as players have been asking for it for a while.

In my opinion, having an MOTD that you still have to manually close is enough to remind players that there's rules. Make it three seconds if you want to ensure that the MOTD loads properly so players actually get a glance at them before closing it. 10 seconds is an annoyance. A minor one, but an annoyance all the same.

When i join a server without a timer i just skip it, as most people do. I think it's needed to atleast get players to pay attention. That's why it should stay. Maybe having so people with 150+ hours could disable it would be fair but otherwise i think it should stay.

Yes, hence why we suggested lowering it to 5 or 3 seconds, 10 is far too long to keep every player interested, especially in fast-paced gamemodes like gungame, this is making players leave.

I think it should stay, because like Zero said, it helps reminds players of the rules. I do think a feature of having a certain amount of hours would allow you to skip it, but then it gets rid of that as a VIP perk, which I don't think should happen.

• Agree 1

The motd is also there to show people the rules. If it's at 5 seconds they probably won't load in time. But 10 seconds they will. Then if someone gets warned they cannot say "Well I didn't know the rules/didn't know there were any" because the rules were point out to them. They chose to ignore it. VIPs are usually regular players who understand the rules and know that if they break it their vip would be a waste.