John Wick (2014) has won the movie voting! Vote for the next movie now https://warzone.gg/movievoting
Movie Night Movie Night: John Wick (2014) - https://warzone.gg/movienightinfo?id=59

WarZone Summer Sale is now on! Use code SUMMER2018-UTRECHT on the store for 60% off! https://warzone.gg/store

Sector

How to get better at bhop.

It's late, I'm not tired and I'm bored. By looking at times on the server I see most of the players could use this.

Step 1: HOW DO I BHOP

Press W and jump, after jumping to move left you press A and move your mouse left. grats you just mastered strafing to the left. If you'd like to move right you need to press D and move your mouse right, And now you've also mastered strafing to the right.

Step 2: Getting speed.

To gain speed you must strafe, hard, fast, and a lot. Strafing means while bunny hopping you must move your mouse left and right correspondingly with A and D, example can be seen in the gif below.

No strafes:

End time is - 3.599 secs

With Strafes:

End time is - 3.13 secs

These little wiggles saved me over half a sec and in the long run it will save you a lot more than just half a sec.

Step 3: Not failing tactics I guess.

Now that you've got the speed you might notice you have to much speed and you're overshooting the block you aimed for, at this point you should either strafe more to hit the block after it and if that is now possible, you should flick fast to the left or right depending on the situation and recover quickly to continue your run without losing too much times or speed. Example showed in gif below.

Sorry for the shit quality, anyway you can see when I realize before I flick I'm too fast to hit that pad so I flick quickly to the right and continue with the run.

Also you can crouch to try getting to the next block.

(T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶j̶u̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶)

Step 4: Advanced tactics.

Now the map has teleports an you want to go into it in order to preceed to the next stage, but everytime you enter it you either lose all of your speed or get flung into the wrong direction. 

In order to keep your speed there are 2 ways that allow you to do it and theres no need for me to explain it since the father of bhop Forest has a very detailed video on it. 

Another tip is crouch boosting, It doesn't completely work on this server but its good to know anyway. 

In maps where there are boosters or a lot of climbing bhop you can use cb in order to get better times, and usually A LOT better times.

Crouch boosting is pretty explicit, for example, you crouch in order to get to a platform, you see you still have quite a bit of height and you might ever over shoot it. at this point you should let go of crouch and it'll make you jump and reach the same height as if you weren't crouched in the first place. this can be abuse to bhop climb faster and on maps with boosters get double or more boosts. By getting double boosts I mean when you do the crouch boost I've explained earlier the game thinks you've jumped twice, for some reason don't ask me I don't know why nor do I care. But it allows you to get the boost from the boost pad twice. For example you land on the boost pad with 500 u/s (speed) and the pad gives you another 300 u/s, after hitting it you'll have 800 u/s. But now if you crouch boost it you'll leave it with 1100 u/s which can allow you to get a much better time. 

Landing w/o crouch boost:

(no crouch boost = 1500 u/s)

Landing with crouch boost:

(with crouch boost = 3000 u/s)

By taking a look at the bottom left corner you can see the MASSIVE difference crouch boosting gives you.

Step 5: Time.

Becoming good at something always takes a lot of time and dedication. You won't be a god and you won't be able to do all the crazy runs you see on youtube even after learning all the tricks. 

You must put in hundreds if not thousands of hours into actually becoming REALLY good at bhopping, and honestly if you enjoy it theres no reason you shouldn't, don't get discouraged if you finally do the one part that you've been stuck in on a map and fail the next, You've done it once you can do it again. If it takes you ages to get to the ending of a map and people decide to switch the map before you've finally managed to finish the map you've been working on for half an hour or more, You can get upset but remember next time you do it you already know what to do to get there, and you'll only get there faster. Every second you put into this gamemode improves you and you'll notice it after you come back to a map you've done a month ago and improve it by seconds if not minutes. This guide might sound condescending or whatever but its honestly not, A lot of people leave this gamemode because they don't succeed immediately and you won't. Like anything else it needs dedication and I'm just trying to help you realize it while giving you tips too. Bhop is a dying gamemode when it really shouldn't be, and new players are always welcomed. Keep at it and keep bhopping your way to wr's if you really want it you'll get it someday. 

Good luck and enjoy bhopping people.

Except the guide by forest all the clips are from me on my local server, feel free to use em if you need to I don't really care. Also sorry about the music I couldn't be arsed to run it off.

Also if there's an actual forum for this if you could move this post to there it would be great. Cheers.

Edited by Sector

hold w and space and wiggle your mouse a bit

Good guide. As long as people remember that practice makes perfect, then they should be pretty happy with bunnyhopping. It's a gamemode that becomes more rewarding the longer you play it. Takes years to master.