Maze Runner: The Death Cure (2018) has won the movie voting! Vote for the next movie now https://warzone.gg/movievoting

WarZone Summer Sale is now on! Use code SUMMER2018-UTRECHT on the store for 60% off! https://warzone.gg/store

Sign in to follow this  
Not Alfred

Changes to Content Submissions

With Update 14 around the corner, we've accepted several submissions from the Community. So far the system has been a good success, but we'll be making some changes to the system to further improve the quality of skins that we receive.

External Sources

Here's the boring part. Back in 2014, Valve received a DMCA notice to take down the M4A4 Howl Skin and Howling Dawn Sticker from CS:GO because the Howling Wolf design was plagiarized (stolen without credit/permission). To compensate players who owned the skin, a new variant was created and no more Howl Skins or Stickers were generated. Although this isn't as big of an issue for us, we still need to take this into mind.

With the new Update, we'll be changing the Skin submission template to include External sources used. This means any images which haven't been created yourself must have a link to the original image. Depending on how much the image has been adapted, this will affect the likelihood of your skin being accepted. A good example of the right way to do this is the MP5 Velvet by @Knuckles. The floral pattern has been heavily altered to create an original outcome, so it wouldn't change the chances of being accepted.

If you use any other works without including a source, the skin will be declined, and you may be unable to submit skins in the future.

Weapon Lists

There are some weapons which need more skins, and we want to promote people to experiment with more weapons. @ZeRo has recently posted a list of the skins which will be accepted for Update 14 part 2, and @vlodern will be running some competitions for certain weapons. If you want some easy skins to work with, I'd suggest the Glock, MP5, AWP or MAG-7. Some of those aren't open for submission yet, but they're good practice and might be open again in the future.

Skin Resources

I'll be making some changes to the Skin Resources so working with them in Photoshop will be a bit easier. For example, glove OBJs will be edited to remove the full arms and have the left/right hands side by side, along with some small improvements to the texture resources as well. Next question, and one I've been asked a lot, is where SkinUtils is. Right now it's delayed thanks to a virus on my PC. That one's on me, so when my HDD has been nuked it'll be back in the works.
...F

Thanks for reading. Skin Submissions should take a big step forward from here, so we're looking forward to what you make!

Edited by Not Alfred
  • Friendly 4

Good to hear about the Glove OBJ's getting edited for a better preview in Photoshop, I agree with the DCMA part of this, although the Molten collection i made a bit ago is also inspired from a image, it has been modified quite extensively, But the recent Omega collection i created was all done by scratch we multiple attempts and failures, The outcome was really worth it though.

I also can't wait for Update 14 and the SkinUtils when your HDD is nuked.

Like what Alfred said, i can't wait to see what skins will be created in the future :D

Ps. F

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheSinkingSponge said:

although the Molten collection i made a bit ago is also inspired from a image, it has been modified quite extensively

The changes are only going to affect new submissions, so you're good :P

• Like 1