Maze Runner: The Death Cure (2018) has won the movie voting! Vote for the next movie now https://warzone.gg/movievoting

WarZone Summer Sale is now on! Use code SUMMER2018-UTRECHT on the store for 60% off! https://warzone.gg/store

may I suggest an idea that I have seen on other TTT servers? basically if you were RDMed you would type !report and then select the player and write your opinion of events, then at the end of the round, the person who was reported can write their side of events and the admins may work from there? cos the amount of times I've had warns from misunderstood events, is rather annoying. This system works for both people and it makes the life for the admins easier. they can read both sides of the story, look at the death scene, and actually see what happens. The victim usually gets to read the other persons side of the story and gets 2 options, forgive or report, (If they forgive then it is forgiven and nothing more is said on the matter and if they press report then the admins get to deal with it). for example one time (and this incident has been resolved) Chaotix warned me for RDM because i killed a guy that threw a discombob into the tester room, if I could have written my series of events the warn could have been avoided and I wouldn't have had to write a report to get the warn removed.

this is just an idea that i have seen work on other servers. I believe those servers be inferior in every other way except for the reporting system. If you think people wouldn't press the forgive button, you'd be surprised, when I played on them servers ,before discovering this one, I use to forgive them unless they wrote something like "F*** you" in the return box. 

I just think this would make admins lives easier so they don't have to scroll the logs every round. they can just look at the reports and read what happened, and find the place in the logs.

We kinda have a /report system. The issue is rarely anyone uses it anyway. We shouldn't enforce that idea onto others. Also, there was one on servers I have previously been on, the more known player always gets the right of way. Like I have been warned on multiple servers that have a system like this. May have even been banned on one...

3 minutes ago, EmbersOfTheFlame said:

We kinda have a /report system. The issue is rarely anyone uses it anyway. We shouldn't enforce that idea onto others. Also, there was one on servers I have previously been on, the more known player always gets the right of way. Like I have been warned on multiple servers that have a system like this. May have even been banned on one...

But I'm sure the server admins are better than that. On this server obviously. 

the biggest issue with a system like this is that is majorly delays admin action. Most of the time, this sort of reporting system is very very dumb because half of the time, the victim refuses to give a damn about it. This makes breaking certain rules more easy to get out of being punished for. RDM should be RDM as long as it follows the definition. "killing without a valid reason". centring this around your mistakes isnt really the most helpful thing for all and it should not be enforced on players. admins can make mistakes, but can fix these, but most of the time, errors are usually of the player's doing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Callum (Blazingstardude) said:

the biggest issue with a system like this is that is majorly delays admin action. Most of the time, this sort of reporting system is very very dumb because half of the time, the victim refuses to give a damn about it. This makes breaking certain rules more easy to get out of being punished for. RDM should be RDM as long as it follows the definition. "killing without a valid reason". centring this around your mistakes isnt really the most helpful thing for all and it should not be enforced on players. admins can make mistakes, but can fix these, but most of the time, errors are usually of the player's doing.

I'd disagree that I'm centring it around my mistakes, the example provided wasn't my mistake. It was an avoidable incident. I'm trying to think of a way to avoid incidents like that happening. It doesn't slow down admin time (I can tell you that from personal experience as an admin from a server that used this). It was very beneficial. The logs will still be there at F8 when you want to look at them. It is just another thing added to try and make admins lives easier and more efficient. 

Player submitted reports aren't always detailed with the information necessary to take actions, neither are all our players good enough at English to submit a proper report through said function.

Looking through the logs is a lot simpler than going through a report, which would force us to check the logs anyway to make sure that both sides are telling the truth.

I just don't feel like this system holds any solid ground to itself.

Whether this incident is because it involved you or not is irrelevant, but I doubt this system would help the admins in any way.