The Siege of Jadotville (2016) has won the movie voting! Vote for the next movie now https://warzone.gg/movievoting
Movie Night Movie Night: The Siege of Jadotville (2016) - https://warzone.gg/movienightinfo?id=126
Game Night Game Night: Jailbreak (Garry's Mod) - https://warzone.gg/gamenightinfo?id=72

The Forums are being phased out by Q1 2020 - See this post for more information

Corporal Lance

How Did You Find Warzone?

fourdeltaone/pretty much forever

Edited by vlodern
'forever' being since 2012 or so when the new iterations of WZ appeared :lole:

Umm I fell over telepoeted to africa saw a man fucking a camel fell asleep woke up in a prison knocked myself out with a loaf of bread become famous and rich moved to Mars launched gmod to learn to build a nuke for earth serched warzone nukes and I joined surf from then on.... Nah but for real my buddy showed me. 

• Creative 1

i needed somewhere to use my gmod hacks, so i found a surf dm server

here i am

Lol, no clue. I just remember Overwatch Gaming being a thing at which I wasn't a regular at that time. Then I rejoined for Warzone around December last year, still wasn't as regular until January. Overall I just enjoyed joining random ttt servers that were good.

Ok,

Story time with ZeRo. Grab your popcorn, it's a long one.

My story dates back to 2004. I was playing a game called Call of Duty: United Offensive (Expansion for CoD 1, Still, imo the best cod game ever made. The first and only cod for battlefield style gameplay). At the time, clans were the cool thing going. So I started a clan called WarZone Gaming. We rented an 8 slot server in The Netherlands for like £40/year, but I would always change the slots in the console and then change the map. ez extra slots. Anyway, between 2004 and 2006, I ran this little clan called WarZone on CoD:UO, and it was great. During that time period, I also started playing Counter-Strike: Source more and more, it was then I discovered Source Engine's ability to show HTML pages in the MOTD. I tried to get it to play some music, It worked. I then tried to get it to play a radio stream.

That worked also.

Great, I thought. I then started the first (as far as I'm aware) gaming radio aimed at getting CS:S servers to embed our radio. During CS:Sources' peak player counts, the gaming radio I ran peaked at about 5,000 concurrent listeners. This ran between 2006 until late 2007 when we were closed down for not having a radio license. That was the end of that, but then, in 2008 I attempted to do it again, I got caught again, and this time, the licensing authorities demanded I pay £860. Nowadays for me, this is perfectly payable, but back then, still in school with no job, it was hard. So I closed it again. During this point, I done nothing pretty much. I joined the British Army in 2009 when I became 16, left 2 years after in 2011, after this, in December of 2011, WarZone Gaming was reborn.

Between 2011 and 2013, WarZone ran mostly CoD4 and MW2 servers. Our expansion in to Garry's Mod was late 2012, early 2013. At the time, our servers were honestly, mediocre as hell. Typical Pointshop addons and the like. As I was learning GLua, I made a "core" system, but it wasn't really that good.

Forward to June 2013, WarZone Gaming then closed and I made the jump from the UK to Los Angeles, CA. 2 years later in 2015, I returned back to the UK and started working on Overwatch Gaming. It included an entire Garry's Mod core system rewrite, an entire website rewrite. Overwatch Gaming ran from July 2015 and closed on May 2016.

So fast forward a little bit, the original 2016 meetup happened in Hamburg and WarZone Gaming was announced (again). This time with an entire new website a major core code change for Garry's Mod. And here we are today.

This is how I found WarZone, a very long 13 year story.

• Like 2
  • Dumb 1
  • Informative 1

I was playing on some DarkRP server, had junior admin, Got demoted with the co owner. Was on csgo surf with the ex co owner after we got demoted, found Overwatch gaming, been here every since

Edited by Screamoheart

My little brother found the server when it was Overwatch Gaming. I grew attached to it and now here I am.

I was at a friend's house a few years back and he decided to go on a random TTT server with me, as we wanted to play a game together and the laptop he let me use at his house could only run shitty games like Source. He ended up getting bored of a few and went on RDMing sprees and left, whereas I just went to the next one when I got bored. At one point we joined a server which actually seemed pretty nice. I got RDMed as a Traitor in the first second, reported it, and it got sorted out pretty much instantly by @archilles392. He gave me 35k to buy another Traitor Ticket (which was well before Cases were introduced, so this was actually a decent amount of money). My mate got bored of Gmod so started RDMing and left. Because the admins were nice, I wrote the name on the back of my hand, Overwatch Gaming.

I was a TTT regular for a while after, mostly talking to archilles and another ex-admin, King Elmo. Because I played some TTT a few years beforehand, I had a pretty good idea of the rules. Two players called wm+1 overlord and @FaZe Taylor Swift jokingly started #alfred4admin, and it actually caught on with some players. I was working towards applying for admin in the non-spammy sense (back when Mod didn't exist, and 20 posts were needed to apply) by creating a TTT guide explaining all the rules. @ZeRo messaged me to offer the role of "TTT slave/admin" :emofdr: With most TTT admins, we didn't really go on Teamspeak much at the time and kept to ourselves. Mostly talked to FaZe and persuaded him to apply for admin, along with @puk413 and occasionally @Gornot when I went on Stronghold. I'd occasionally come on Teamspeak to play Scrap Mechanic with @Screamoheart and Epic_Fool. They were the only people I really talked to in Teamspeak, as well as Rukia and a few of Epic's friends in TeamSpeak.

Few months later, Overwatch got shut down for toxic players and how much it cost (I didn't find out we got a C&D from Blizzard until after the relaunch). The servers shut down, and I started playing more Arma for a while. I kept a few people from OWG on my friends list. A few months later, Screamo messaged me about VR, and I noticed he was on the WZ Dev Server, but had to keep it a secret. A few weeks later, he sent me a link announcing the relaunch of WarZone Gaming for some time in September. I asked ZeRo why a date wasn't confirmed, and he said it was because they needed a Garry's Mod Manager. I offered to take the position and got accepted.

There was a brief time I wasn't Manager because of the hotradremixlx shit which pretty much everyone knows about now, but other than that, that's how I joined the Community/got the position.

Edited by Not Alfred
  • Informative 1

*real fucking answer this time* 

All right my story begins about half a year after the death of WarZone in 2013, I joined a Community with a lot of people from that Community in January of 2014. @archilles392 and @Archangel were there too (for some time at least xD). I became a regular on there and eventually became admin there until that community died. After that I did not really bother for a while until @Ohago messaged me with the legendary words: "Where is the punk in all of this" with the link to OverWatch. I joined that and saw a few familiar faces so I decided to stick around. After a While I got admin on that as well. Until that had to be closed down I was an admin on there. After that I just buggered around a little bit, and then was there on that glorious day last year this site was created, and became an admin shortly after. After about a year of admining on here I resigned due to time constraints and some other reasons. And now we're here, I'm still pretty active on ts and shit so ye. 

• Good Coder 1

I invented the internet.

The internet was my idea ja.

I was a regular AlterIW MW2 player.

Then the AlterIWnet received a cease and desist. A year later I picked up 4D1. I got straight up banned ingame from the 4D1 system and forum for cheating on a RepZ server by a 4D1 staff member. Then I got unbanned.

Then I've spent my time on WZ|Subbase. Glorious times, the best. Easily.

One day some Admin got mad salty and abused me in chat. I went on the forums, posted some transgender nerd as a blank picture in the shoutbox that you had to scroll down in order to see jewels and got banned.

A month later, I was still a regular on WZ|Subbase, I got to talk with some very elder folks like @Jaakie and that one guy with chewbacca hair and a deep voice. A few nights later I got to talk with some nerd with a shadow in his name and this professional dude called ZeRo and added him on xfire. I got unbanned on the forums that way, me thinks. 

Das' how I got into WZ 1.1 or 1.2 back in October 2012. Dayumn, that's hella long ago. It's been five years.

Edited by Ohago
  • Informative 1

I found warzone in 2011/2012 ? forget now, started off playing 4D1 zombies servers, then went on the forums, started interacting with people on ts3, slowly moved onto the cod 4 servers as I bought a key for the game, later went on to be admin for the 4d1 servers along with cod 4 servers later on. Later on I had to leave due to studying and starting work around that time, but still popped in on the forums every now and then, was basically a lurker. After WZ went down we moved onto Overwatch gaming, which I was happy to be in the beta for, but was still more of a lurker, after overwatch moved onto the new warzone, and just continued to be a lurker till this day ^^ that's my quick version of the story as there was a lot more in between but no one really cares about it too much ^^