Warcraft (2016) has won the movie voting! Vote for the next movie now https://warzone.gg/movievoting
Movie Night Movie Night: Warcraft (2016) - https://warzone.gg/movienightinfo?id=129
Game Night Game Night: Counter-Strike Global Offensive 5v5 (Counter-Strike Global Offensive) - https://warzone.gg/gamenightinfo?id=74

Voting for your favourite Trance tracks of 2019 has started! https://warzone.gg/vote - Vote and get a random item from the Halloween 2019 update + 10 cases! Voting closes on the 5th of December than the Top 50 Trance Show will be on the 6th of December.

Sign in to follow this  
Stabby

And Stabby has a Topic again :/

HELLO GUYS

Stabby again , so my question ... is it possible to get an different Stronghold map?

:D Don't be a meanie 

People are accustomed to this map and it feels like the only appropriate for them, we've tried changing it in the past to it's bigger version however that and including the v2 of stronghold met a negative reaction from the community since the playerbase dropped dramatically. Yeah it might get repetitive some times but the majority of the community doesn't like changes (take the Minecraft TTT map for example, its playerbased compared to the rotation). 

20 minutes ago, Le dude said:

People are accustomed to this map and it feels like the only appropriate for them, we've tried changing it in the past to it's bigger version however that and including the v2 of stronghold met a negative reaction from the community since the playerbase dropped dramatically. Yeah it might get repetitive some times but the majority of the community doesn't like changes (take the Minecraft TTT map for example, its playerbased compared to the rotation). 

Look @ the counter strike servers after they changed allot of stuff

15 minutes ago, windmolen said:

Look @ the counter strike servers after they changed allot of stuff

It wasn't the changes that did away with the CSGO servers, it was the fact fucking cunt ass Exadon convinced ZeRo to shut down OWG as opposed to rebranding it. Changes has nothing to do with the CSGO player base.

Also @StabbyMcStabStab we've wanted to add a Stronghold rotation server for a long time now, but our player base is just not big enough for now. As soon as the opportunity shows itself we will do it.

Edited by Gornot

8 minutes ago, Gornot said:

It wasn't the changes that did away with the CSGO servers, it was the fact fucking cunt ass Exadon convinced ZeRo to shut down OWG as opposed to rebranding it. Changes has nothing to do with the CSGO player base.

Also @StabbyMcStabStab we've wanted to add a Stronghold rotation server for a long time now, but our player base is just not big enough for now. As soon as the opportunity shows itself we will do it.

your talking pure fucking bullshit, that was one reason the servers died, but the changes in the beginning fucked everyting up. but guesssss boss gornot knows everything :D

28 minutes ago, windmolen said:

your talking pure fucking bullshit, that was one reason the servers died, but the changes in the beginning fucked everyting up. but guesssss boss gornot knows everything :D

I'm sorry, but I don't remember anyone complaining that our player base has drastically dropped because of any changes made to the CSGO surf servers. And I played on them quite a bit by the end of OWG and haven't noticed a thing.

If you want to be autistic and argue by attacking me personally, send me a PM and keep it off the forums.

Edited by Gornot

5 hours ago, windmolen said:

Well actually, it has more to do with the fact that

• CS:GO Dedicated servers are dead
  • Valve killed servers with their introduction of strict modding guidelines, this happened during OWG and we kept our player based because it was established. 
  • The servers on warzone started with near original config
  • Even with adding !ws and various other banned tokens and spending countless money on automatic token regeneration to avoid bans, it still made no difference.
  • Compared to when OWG CS:GO Servers launched in 2015, community servers have been saturated with the same server after same server.
  • It's very hard to be unique in CS:GO with it's limited modding options.

So various factors, it's not worth running CS:GO servers anymore. Valve kills off any kind of creativity, it's hard to be unique. We have shut the CS:GO servers down now, so I'm not even sure why this was bought in to this topic.

/Ontopic

As Le Dude said, we tried with another map, it was too big. Unfortunately not many people are playing SH anymore to even warrant opening a rotation server. We are the only "alive" server at the moment.

While going for a bigger map might be the wrong way to go about it, there are other alternatives such as sh_valley, which is slightly smaller, however that would also give people more of an incentive to use other rifles than the awp, which seems to be the dominating weapon on sh_lockdown at the time being.

And because of some of the smaller cramped areas in sh_valley we might even see the LMGs be more useful in those situations.

I tend to disagree. People use the AWP because, basically, they're fuckboys. The current map is dynamic enough to allow for all weapon types; I've conquered many bases with team mates using LMGs, my favorite PP-Pizon etc.

Trust me, there's nobody who wants new maps for SH more than me, but I understand the reality of our player base at this point in time and know it just wouldn't be favorable for us.

Edited by Gornot